SoCal High-Low (Hi-Lo) Field MR Imaging Workshop
October 12, 2019
Hosted by the USC Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute
Join us for our first Annual MR Imaging Workshop
The Southern California (SoCal) High Low (Hi-Lo) Field Workshop is an annual workshop that will help researchers maximize the unique resources and research programs on the ultra high-field (UHF) 7T Terra system at the USC Mark and Mary Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute at the Keck School of Medicine and the high performance low field (HPLF) ~0.5T system at the Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the USC Viterbi School of Engineering. The goal is to engage the research and clinical imaging communities of Southern California, build a user base and stimulate new ideas.
- 08:30 – 09:00 Breakfast
- 09:00 – 09:10 Welcome – Wang and Nayak
- 09:10 – 09:40 Berkeley UHF BRAIN project – Feinberg
- 09:40 – 10:10 UHF Coil Development at CMRR – Adriany
- 10:10 – 10:40 HPLF for Cardiac Intervention and Lung – Campbell-Washburn
- 10:40 – 11:10 Coffee Break and INI Tour
- 11:10 – 11:30 UHF Structural Imaging – Sepehrband
- 11:30 – 11:50 UHF Vascular Imaging – Yan
- 11:50 – 12:10 Siemens presentation
- 12:10 – 13:30 Lunch Break and INI Tour
- 13:30 – 14:00 HPLF at USC – Nayak
- 14:00 – 14:20 UHF Clinical Applications – Barisano
- 14:20 – 14:40 UHF Perfusion Imaging – Shao
- 14:40 – 15:10 Coffee Break and INI Tour
- 15:10 – 15:30 UHF BOLD and non-BOLD fMRI – Jann
- 15:30 – 15:50 UHF MRS – Thomas
- 15:50 – 16:00 Close
David Feinberg is an Adjunct Professor of Neuroscience at the University of California, Berkeley. He studies ultra-high resolution MR imaging and neuronal circuitry with support from the NIH BRAIN Initiative.
Adrienne Campbell-Washburn leads the MRI Technology program at the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
Gregor Adriany is an Associate Professor in the University of Minnesota's Department of Radiology, where he designs novel ultra-high field RF coils and related front-end components.
Danny JJ Wang (USC) is a Professor of Neurology and the Director of Imaging Technology Innovation at the Mark and Mary Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute
Krishna Shrinivas Nayak (USC) is a Professor of Electrical Engineering at the Viterbi School of Engineering with joint appointments in Radiology and Biomedical Engineering
Farshid Sepehrband (USC) is an Assistant Professor of Research at the Mark and Mary Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute
M. Albert Thomas (UCLA) is a Professor of Radiologic Science at UCLA
Kay Jann (USC) is an Assistant Professor of Research at the Mark and Mary Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute
Lirong Yan (USC) is an Assistant Professor of Neurology at the Mark and Mary Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute
Xingfeng Shao (USC) is a Research Scientist at the Mark and Mary Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute
Giuseppe Barisano (USC) is a Research Scientist at the Mark and Mary Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute